Fidget toys are all the rage right now, and there’s no reason you can’t make your own! This origami fidget toy is easy to make and perfect for restless hands. In this tutorial, I’ll show you a very easy fidget origami perfectly suitable for kids and beginners. It will teach you the basics of origami, from folding a simple paper square to creating more complex origami shapes.
Make sure to check my other origami video tutorial:
- How to Make a Kite Out of Paper?
- How to Make a Boat Out of Paper?
- How to Make a Heart Out of Paper?
- How to make flowers out of tissue paper?
- How to make dice out of paper?
- How to make a spider out of paper?
- How to make a puppet out of paper?
- How to Make a Snowflake with Paper and Scissors?
How do you make a fidget with just paper?
Step 1: Make sure you take a square piece of paper.
5″X5″ is a good size, but you can choose any size you like, keep it “reasonable,” of course.
Step 2: Fold the bottom up.
Step 3: Unfold.
Step 4: Fold the right side to the left.
Step 5: Unfold.
Step 6: Fold the left edge to meet the central crease.
Step 7: Rotate & fold the bottom corner to the upper corner diagonally.
Step 8: Do the same for the opposite.
Step 9: Unfold.
Step 10: Fold the bottom corner to the middle diagonal fold.
Step 11: Do the same for the other 3 corners.
Step 12: Unfold all previous folds.
Step 13: Fold 4 corners to the nearest line.
Step 14: Close the paper as before.
Step 15: Turn it over.
Step 16: Fold all corners to the middle.
Step 17: Turn this over.
Step 18: Bring up horizontal and vertical lines and make small pockets.
Step 19: Fidget toy Finished! Now touch the middle and watch it work.
What homemade fidget toys can you make?
Homemade fidget toys are a great way to keep fidgety hands busy.
10 DIY fidget toys to make
1. A DIY fidget spinner. All you need is a pen or pencil, some bearings (you can find them online or at your local hardware store), and some glue.
2. A DIY stress ball. This is a great way to relieve stress! You will need some balloons, flour, water, and food coloring.
3. A DIY yo-yo. This is a classic homemade fidget toy! You will need some string, a needle, a pen cap, and tape.
4. A DIY slinky. All you need is metal rings (you can find these at your local craft store), a ribbon, and some glue.
5. A DIY marble run. This is a fun one for kids! You will need some PVC pipe, marbles, a drill, and construction adhesive.
6. A DIY hopscotch board. This is another classic fidget toy! You only need concrete pavers, a permanent marker, and some tape.
7. A DIY Tangram puzzle. This is a great way to improve problem-solving skills! You will need some cardstock, scissors, and a ruler.
8. A DIY pegboard game. This is perfect for older kids! You will need a pegboard, wood screws, nails, washers, a hammer, and wood glue.
9. A DIY Chinese Checkers board. This is another excellent game for older kids! You will need a piece of plywood, a jigsaw, some paint or stain, and some game pieces.
10. A DIY tic-tac-toe board. This is another classic game that kids love! You will need Xs and Os, a piece of plywood, and a pencil.
So there you have it! Ten great homemade fidget toy ideas to keep you busy! Get creative and have fun!