This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #UltimateLitter #CollectiveBias
Lately, I’ve been interested in making my own all-natural cleaners. My husband is allergic to many of the store-bought cleaners, which sparked my curiosity. I’m hoping to share more of what I’ve learned here on the blog soon, but today I’m happy to post a simple recipe for air freshener that’s not only simple to make, but it includes no harmful ingredients!
Natural Air Freshener Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup water (tap water is fine)
- 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops vanilla essential oil
- Stir ingredients in a small pitcher or plastic cup you can bend into a spout.
- Pour into your spray bottle and repeat the recipe as many times as needed to fill it up. I made the recipe 2 1/2 times to fill up a 16-ounce spray bottle, and then topped off with a bit more water.
- You can substitute this with essential oils of your choice, but make sure to choose ones that will not be harmful to your cats (NO tea tree oil!) if you choose to spray near the litter box).
I have already started using this all-natural air freshener around our cat’s litter box, one of the areas of our home which could always use a bit more freshness. It sprays really nice and smells lovely!
I mean, I love my cats and all… but, we have one cat who is way better at “covering it up” than the other. She’s the sweetest cat, but not the most demure.
Looking for a good litter to help control all the smells? We’ve tried them all! I recently shopped for some Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light Ultimate Care® at Walmart. Just look for the green bottle with the grey lid in the cat supplies aisle.
I love the new trend toward lightweight litters, because with two cats, hauling in multiple heavy containers is not my favorite task. Ultimate Care is now over 50% lighter at 10 lbs (†See packaging for details). It also has 10+ day odor control & powerful absorption (*Based on laboratory testing, when used as directed), so you can bet that this litter plus my new homemade air freshener, our home will smell fresher than ever!
Cat’s Pride Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary. The #UltimateLitter Sweepstakes begins on 3/15/16 at 12:00 A.M. ET and ends on 4/25/16 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Legal residents of the 50 US/DC only, 18+. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules, click below.
Make sure to check out great offers on Cat’s Pride!