Hello! Today, I wanted to share a quick and EASY project you can make for your home. I took the basic concept of a fabric-covered diaper box from Pinterest, and added my own twist! These fabric storage boxes are great for organizing any room in your home, concealing clutter, or adding a pop of color to your shelves.
– Diaper box
– Burlap fabric (about 1 yard per box, though box size varies)
– Large scrap of accent fabric (we used Amy Butler Lotus Full Moon), almost the size of your box front
– Glue gun
– White paper
– Masking tape
To cover the diaper box in fabric:
1. Tear off the flaps from your box top. Cut the box shorter if desired.
2. Because the printed outside of your box is covered in images and text, you’ll want to tape white paper over this with masking tape, so the text doesn’t show through your burlap. Cover the whole outside of the box, but don’t worry about the bottom or the inside.
3. Cut a strip piece of burlap the width of the box, to run continuously from the right to the left side, going over the bottom. Use hot glue to glue in place as you smooth it over the box.
4. Cut a second strip of burlap the length of the box, to run continuously from the front to the back of the box, this time draping over the inside of the box. Use hot glue to secure in place.
1. Cut your fabric strip so it is just a little taller than the height of the box.
2. Press the left and right raw edges of your fabric strip under. Center and use hot glue to secure on the box front. Fold the top and bottom edges over the edge of the box and glue in place.
3. Twist a piece of burlap, using a dab of hot glue on the back as you twist. Glue a button in the center of your burlap rose. Glue the rose to the box in the center of your fabric strip.
This post is part of the Basement Craft Room Makeover!
We’ll be back soon with the BIG REVEAL.
In the meantime, check out Pinterest for more of our design ideas.